- Subscribe for news & offers:
Databases and Information Centers:
- Center for Research on Occupational & Environmental Toxicology
Mission Statement:Located at the Oregon Health & Science University, the Center is dedicated to health and safety in the workforce. Our mission is to promote health and prevent disease and disability among working Oregonians and their families during their employment years and through retirement. We do so through basic and applied research, outreach, and education.
- Electronic Library of Construction Occupational Safety & Health
Mission Statement:The Electronic Library of Construction Occupational Safety and Health (ELCOSH) was developed and is maintained by the Center for Construction Research and Training (CPWR) with support from grants CCU317202 and 1 U54 OH008307 from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). ELCOSH is intended to provide accurate, user-friendly information about safety and health for contruction workers from a wide range of sources worldwide. The contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of NIOSH.
- Haz-Map: Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Agents
Mission Statement:Haz-Map is a U.S. National Library of Medicine database listing work-related illnesses, toxic substances, and high-risk jobs. There is a listing of more than 40 construction occupations that provides information on high-risk jobs, by type of jobs, construction.
- Tulane Center for Applied Environmental Public Health
Mission Statement:The stated mission of the Center is to advance the science of environmental public health by:
- Conducting research to advance understanding of the impact of the environment on health
- Promoting wellness in the workplace
- Translating research for use in environmental health practice
- Providing education and training to occupational and environmental public health professionals