The National Handbook on Occupational Safety & Health
Every workplace in America must comply with OSHA occupational safety and health standards for the protection of workers, contractors, and customers from workplace hazards — or face the possibility of large fines and legal actions. In addition, about half the states have their own regulatory programs that meet or exceed the OSHA standards. Workplaces with up to 250 employees can take advantage of OSHA's pro-active SHARP program to meet standards, avoid costly fines, and achieve important savings in workers' compensation and liability insurance premiums.
Our 500-page Handbook explains everything you must do, and comes with a convenient CD that enables an employer to create its own Safety Manual, Training Manual, and SHARP Action Plan.
Every handbook contains:
- Quick Start Guide to OSHA Regulations and SHARP Certification
- All About OSHA: What to Know and What to Do, a plain-English introduction
- Safety and Health Self-Assessment worksheet you can use to assess your current safety and health management system
- Guide to building a safety and health management system (SHMS)
- Guide to creating your own Safety Program
- Your 58-point SHARP Action plan, to help guide your organization toward SHARP Certification
- Reference resources to help you locate supplemental OSHA resources, standards and training materials for your workplace and for special workplace conditions and requirements — federal agency websites, national associations, online databases and information centers, and research and education centers (NIOSH academic degree programs and research training opportunities, supported by NIOSH through university-based Education and Research Centers (ERCs).) (The OSHA Training Institute provides training and education in occupational safety and health for federal and state compliance officers, state consultants, other federal agency personnel, and the private sector.)
- More than 150 pages of sample forms, plans and worksheets to copy and modify based on your particular industry and working conditions. Use these as building blocks to build your own plans and programs.
- CD with sample workplace and SHARP documents, including three important manuals ready to download and revise for your company use:
- A customizable Company Safety & Health Manual,
already set up in Mircosoft Word so you can modify it, remove irrelevant material and add pertinent material to make it relate to your own workplace.
- A customizable Company Safety & Health Training Manual, with extensive materials that can be modified or augmented to meet the needs of your workplace.
- A customizable SHARP Action Plan and Application, with typical materials that you can adapt and use to begin preparing for SHARP Certification.
Also Available in State and Custom Sponsored Editions!