- Subscribe for news & offers:
- Alliance of Hazardous Materials Professionals
Mission Statement: The Alliance of Hazardous Materials Professionals TM (AHMP), formerly the Academy of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers, Inc. (ACHMM) is a professional association with a membership of more than 4,000 of the nation's leading experts in environmental, health, safety, and security management. AHMP is the only national organization devoted to the professional advancement of the hazardous materials management field.
- American Association of Occupational Health Nurses
Mission Statement: American Association of Occupational Health Nurses (AAOHN) is dedicated to advancing and maximizing the health, safety and productivity of domestic and global workforces by providing education, research, public policy, and practice resources for occupational and environmental health nurses.
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene
Mission Statement: ABIH is the certifying body for the Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and Certified Associate Industrial Hygienist (CAIH), the premier occupational hygiene certifications in the world.
- American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
Mission Statement: Founded in 1916, American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM) is the nation's largest medical society dedicated to promoting the health of workers through preventive medicine, clinical care, research, and education. A dynamic group of physicians encompassing specialists in a variety of medical practices is united via the College to develop positions and policies on vital issues relevant to the practice of preventive medicine both within and outside of the workplace.
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists
Mission Statement: For over 60 years, American Conference of Government Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) has been respected for its dedication to the industrial hygiene and occupational health and safety industries. Our Board of Directors and Committees consist of members who strive to provide essential, cutting edge information to government, academia, and corporate facilities throughout America, Canada, and countries abroad.
- American Industrial Hygiene Association
Mission Statement: The association and its member industrial hygienists deal with the health and safety challenges facing people everywhere including:
- Indoor air quality (sick building syndrome, second-hand tobacco smoke)
- Evaluating and controlling environmental lead exposure
- Emergency response planning and community right-to-know
- Occupational disease (AIDS in the workplace, tuberculosis, silicosis)
- Potentially hazardous agents such as asbestos, pesticides, and radon gas
- Cumulative Trauma Disorders (repetitive stress injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Radiation (electromagnetic fields, microwaves)
- Reproductive health hazards in the workplace
- Setting limits on exposure to chemical and physical agents
- Detection and control of potential occupational hazards such as noise, radiation, and illumination
- Hazardous waste management
- American Society of Safety Engineers
Mission Statement: American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) is a global, member-driven association providing representation, promotion, and support for those engaged in the profession and/or the practice of safety, health, and environment in their efforts to protect people, property, and the environment. The society's stated goals are the following:
- Develop and promote standards relating to the scope and function of the safety profession, including academic, ethical, and certification standards.
- Influence regulations and legislation that affect the practice of the profession or the activities of the Society.
- Promote safety, health, and environmental (SH&E) issues, the SH&E profession and its positive effects.
- Establish and maintain an effective and efficient organization for the achievement of the Society's mission.
- Gather, encourage, and participate in development of the body of knowledge relevant to the profession.
- Develop and maintain mechanisms to recruit, retain, and nurture the membership.
- Deliver the highest quality professional development opportunities to enhance competence and position practitioners for success by understanding the needs of the profession, delivering the highest quality programs that meet those needs, and recognizing the achievement of participants in the programs.
- Establish and maintain a structured program to recruit, retain, and nurture student members
- Association of Occupational and Environmental Clinics
Mission Statement: Provides a directory of medical clinics that specialize in work-related heath problems in 27 states, the District of Columbia, and four Canadian provinces: Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, and Quebec.
- Board of Certified Safety Professionals
Mission Statement: Its sole purpose is to certify practitioners in the safety profession. Safety professionals identify hazards and evaluate them for the potential to cause injury or illness to people or harm of property and the environment. The safety professional recommends administrative and engineering controls that eliminate or minimize the risk and danger posed by hazards.
- Electrical Safety Foundation International
Mission Statement: The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated exclusively to promoting electrical safety in the home, school, and workplace. ESFI proudly sponsors National Electrical Safety Month each May, and engages in public education campaigns throughout the year to prevent electrical fires, injuries, and fatalities.
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
Mission Statement: The Society's mission is to promote the discovery and exchange of knowledge concerning the characteristics of human beings that are applicable to the design of systems and devices of all kinds. The Society furthers serious consideration of knowledge about the assignment of appropriate functions for humans and machines, whether people serve as operators, maintainers, or users in the system.
- International Commission on Occupational Health
Mission Statement: The aim of Commission is to foster the scientific process, knowledge, and development of occupational health and safety in all its aspects. It has 2,000 members worldwide.
- International Ergonomics Association
Mission Statement: The mission of the International Ergonomics Association (IEA) is to advance ergonomics science and practice, and to expand its scope of application and contribution to society to improve the quality of life, working closely with its constituent societies and related international organizations.
- National Academy of Construction Safety
Mission Statement: Nonprofit organization that develops and provides construction training and sells construction safety standards.
- National Association of Safety Professionals
Mission Statement: The National Association of Safety Professionals is a non-profit organization founded by Thomas and Jennifer Hardin to provide third-party certifications that validate knowledge, skills, and abilities in the area of workplace safety. The National Association of Safety Professionals was created by the non-profit International Association of Safety Professionals, which is approved by the United Nations as a NGO in Roster Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council and is working to improve workplace safety worldwide.
- National Environmental Health Association
Mission Statement: The association today stands as a strong professional society with over 4,500 members across the nation. Clearly National Environmental Health Association's (NEHA) mission, "to advance the environmental health and protection professional for the purpose of providing a healthful environment for all" is as relevant today as it was when the organization was founded.
- National Fire Protection Organization
Mission Statement: The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) seeks to reduce the worldwide burden of fire and other hazards by providing and advocating consensus codes, standards, training, and education.
- National Floor Safety Institute
Mission Statement: The National Floor Safety Institute was founded in 1997 as a not-for-profit 501c(3) organization whose mission is to aid in the prevention of slips and trips-and-falls through education, research, and standards development.
- National Institute for the Prevention of Workplace Violence
Mission Statement: Our mission is to educate employers, unions, and employees about the growing threat of violence in the workplace and how to effectively deal with it.
- National Safety Management Society
Mission Statement: We promote the advancement of the safety/loss control function through the application of management principles. Through education and research, we assure board dissemination and implementation of the Society's philosophy and concepts for enhancement of the safety management profession.
- Safety Equipment Institute
Mission Statement: The Safety Equipment Institute (SEI) is a private, non-profit organization that administers a non-governmental, third-party certification program and tests and certifies a broad range of safety and protective products used occupationally and recreationally.
- Voluntary Protection Program Participants Association
Mission Statement: To be a leader in health and safety excellence through copperation among communities, workers, industries, and governments.